Monday, April 11, 2011

Television Stars!

Amy and I were interviewed today to be on television. We were contacted several weeks ago to be interviewed as foreigners in Tyumen. We thought, cool opportunity to talk about the CEC and the work that happens there. Invite everyone to Discussion Club.

Well, turns out it was an entertainment piece. They asked us trivia questions about Tyumen and Russia. Amy got every question correct. I didn't even understand one question and the pop culture question about who is Russia's version of Paris Hilton, left me clueless.

The Questions
1. Who was Yuri Gagarin? 1st astronaut in space.
2. What is the name of the river that flows through Tyumen? Tyra
3. Has the World Cup ever been in Russia? Not yet..
4. What is the name of the host of Russia's Next Top Model? Kseniya Sabchak
5. What is the nickname for Tyumen? The capitol of villages (both Amy and I made grammar errors answering this one as we didn't know the correct form for genitive plural of the word village).
6. What are the two biggest troubles in Russia? Roads and Fools (it's a play on words in Russian)

maybe a few other questions - I don't remember now. It was a good experience, if humiliating a bit. I got so nervous, I made extra Russian mistakes (and there are enough as it is!)

No comments: